Creating a New Strategy
When creating a strategy, it’s helpful to use a context-aware IDE like Eclipse, IntelliJ, or NetBeans when building a complex Java application. This step-by-step guide will show you one way to set this up.
- Download and install Marketcetera for your platform. You’ll want the Strategy Engine and Photon. You won’t need to Order Loader for this, but it won’t hurt, either.
- Install your favorite IDE. We’ll be using Eclipse for this example, but you can use whatever you want, you’ll just have to make some adjustments.
- Start Eclipse and create a new workspace using the Marketcetera installed directory (Marketcetera-2.4.2, e.g.) as the base folder
- Create a new project called “strategyengine” (all lowercase, no spaces, just like this):
- Change the “src” subdirectory to a Build Path Source Folder:
- Create a new strategy by right-clicking the “src” subfolder, selecting New, and Java Class. Note the superclass.
- Create your strategy.
- Deploy the strategy from Photon or a command file